137th Battalion Association

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

137th Battalion Association

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The 137th Battalion Association was established in Calgary, Alberta in 1920 to hold annual reunion dinners of former 137th Battalion members. These dinners continued regularly until 1956, then from 1958 to1960. In 1965 a group gathered to clean up and repair the field-stone Battalion numbers and later another reunion was held. In 1967 the group promoted the naming of a Calgary bridge after 137th Battalion Victoria Cross winner John G. Pattison and began the construction of a memorial in Glenmore Park that was dedicated in June 1968. The group's final reunion was in 1971. For further information see A Legacy of Courage : "Calgary's own" : 137th Overseas Battalion, C. E. F. / Fred Bagley & Dr. Harvey Daniel Duncan. -- Calgary : Plug Street Books, 1993.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

glen

Maintained by

Institution identifier

Glenbow Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places