19th Alberta Dragoons

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

19th Alberta Dragoons

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1908-1946

History

The 19th Alberta Dragoons was organized on February 1, 1908, originally named the 19th Alberta Mounted Rifles. It was renamed January 3, 1911. It saw service in World War, 1914-1918 with the 1st Division, Canadian Corps. It was not deployed overseas in World War, 1939-1945 and in 1946 was amalgamated with the Edmonton Fusiliers. It was placed on the supplementary order of battle in 1964 and is currently perpetuated by the South Alberta Light Horse.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

EDM

Institution identifier

City of Edmonton Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places