Affichage de 4 résultats

Personne/organisme
Musée Héritage Museum Collectivité

St. Albert Children's Theatre

  • MHM
  • Collectivité
  • 1981 -

In 1978 the City of St. Albert introduced performing arts programs that were more relevant to community theatre. By 1979 the City had shifted the program’s emphasis to children’s theatre. In 1981 the City created a Cultural Leadership Coordinator position, which helped focus this programming to develop leadership skills in youth. This focus led to the inception of Imaginings — the City’s 1981 summer drama program. Imaginings presented St. Albert’s first all-children production, The Hobbit. From that, St. Albert Children’s Theatre was born. In 1983 St. Albert Place opened its doors and St. Albert Children’s Theatre (SACT) became its "resident" company. SACT put on regular spring and winter productions. Also utilized were summer students interested in careers within the theatre community, giving them practical experience. As well as the larger productions produced by the theatre, the organization has also offered drama summer camps.

Greater St. Albert Catholic School district

  • MHM
  • Collectivité
  • 1995 -

The Sisters of Charity (Grey Nuns) arrived in St. Albert from Lac Ste. Anne in 1863 and construction of a small convent that served as schoolhouse and hospital when needed was completed in 1864. St. Albert Roman Catholic Public District No. 3 was formed in 1885, and was later known as St. Albert Catholic School District No. 3. In 1995, the Greater St. Albert Catholic Regional Division No. 29 was formed with the amalgamation of three formerly independent school jurisdictions of St. Albert, Morinville, and Legal. On July 1, 2012, legislation came into effect which changed Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools status from "public" to "separate", and resulted in a legal name change to Greater St. Albert Roman Catholic Separate School District No. 734. Greater St. Albert Catholic Schools services the communities of St. Albert, Morinville and Legal as well as the districts of Cardiff, Cunningham and Guilbault.

Arden Theatre

  • MHM
  • Collectivité
  • 1984 -

When St. Albert Place was being built in 1982-83 there was a contest to name the future theatre. A winner was chosen out of a number of great submissions. The winner was Shyamal Bagchee, and his suggestion was to call the theatre the Arden. Welcoming more than 65,000 patrons to over 150 events annually, The Arden has presented excellence in artistic programming for over 30 years, offering a variety of music, theatre, and dance events for arts lovers of all ages.

Sturgeon Community Hospital

  • MHM
  • Collectivité
  • 1969 -

Sturgeon General Hospital officially opened in 1969, but efforts to bring an active treatment hospital to St. Albert began in 1962. As St. Albert and other surrounding communities were denied by the provincial government, a coalition was formed to request a regional hospital, which in 1965 was granted, creating the Sturgeon General Hospital District No. 100. The Sturgeon General Hospital officially opened in August 1970. This hospital building was closed in 1992 and demolished in 1994 following the construction of a new facility on the north edge of the city. the old structure was full of asbestos and thus considered unsafe.