Fonds dcm-121 - Alaska Commercial Company and Northern Commercial Company Store archaeological investigation fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Alaska Commercial Company and Northern Commercial Company Store archaeological investigation fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on provenance of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Repository

Reference code

CA dcm dcm-121

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1981 (Creation)
    Creator
    Dawson City Museum

Physical description area

Physical description

101 photographs : b&w negatives , ? textual material

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The Alaska Commercial Company building changed names to the Northern Commercial Company in 1901 at the corner of King and Front Street in Dawson City, Yukon. An archaeological investigation by R. G. Hall with employees funded through Summer Canada Student Employment Program, was sponsored by the Dawson City Museum. The site was included in Parks Canada's tour with display trenches. The purpose of the dig was to determine type and size of foundation with documentation of artifacts found. A total of 51 units of 1 x 2 m were excavated.

Custodial history

Scope and content

This fonds contains an illustrated report of the Alaska Commercial Company and Northern Commercial Company store in Dawson City, Yukon of 1897-1951 when it burned to the ground. An archaeological excavation of the site took place in 1981. Photographs generated from this excavation show the progress of the project.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

General institutional, legal or copyright restrictions may apply.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Caption list available. Finding aid available in Klondike History Library.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres