Fonds ucc-3504 - Alberta College South fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Alberta College South fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

UCC ucc-3504

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1919-1922 (Creation)
    Creator
    Alberta College South (Edmonton, Alberta)

Physical description area

Physical description

0.04 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Alberta College South originated in 1909 as a theological department within Alberta College, a liberal arts college that was established in 1903 by The Methodist Church. In 1910, Alberta College South obtained a building site on the new University of Alberta campus and subsequently established itself as a theological college of The Methodist Church. To distinguish the two sites after 1909, the original College site north of the river became known as Alberta College North. Alberta College South continued to exist until 1925, when The Methodist Church united with The Presbyterian Church in Canada and The Congregational Churches of Canada to form The United Church of Canada. At Union, Alberta College South merged with its Presbyterian counterpart, Robertson College to form United Theological College. From 1925 to 1927, the united college functioned as one, although it maintained the two separate college boards. In 1927, the two boards united as one, and the college was re-named St. Stephen's College, which was incorporated in April, 1927.

Name of creator

Custodial history

These records were acquired sometime prior to 1975; however, there is no surviving record as to exactly how, when or from whom the Conference Archives came to possess the records. In 1975, the Conference entered into a permanent loan agreement with The Provincial Archives of Alberta for the physical custody and control of the holdings of the Conference Archives and the records were relocated to the PAA in that same year. The records currently reside at the PAA

Scope and content

The fonds consists of student account ledgers, 1919-1922.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Access conditions: None. Use conditions: Subject to the Copyright Act. Permission for use required. See Conference Archivist

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Inventory available

Associated materials

Other records of Alberta College South are located in the St. Stephen's College fonds at The University of Alberta Archives, Edmonton. The Alberta College fonds is located at The City of Edmonton Archives.

Related materials

Accruals

Further accurals are not expected

General note

Record No. PR 1975.387<br><br>

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area