Alberta Women's Institute. Golden Glow Branch (Millet, AB)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Alberta Women's Institute. Golden Glow Branch (Millet, AB)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Golden Glow Women's Institute was formed in 1948, an offshoot of the Millet Women's Institute. Also affiliated with the Alberta Women's Institutes they were organized to assist rural women improved their own domestic conditions and contribute to the improvement of their community. The Golden Glow Women's Institute became involved in a number of community initiatives, including assisting with the construction of the library, a chapel in the Wetaskiwin hospital, as well as supporting various local and national charities with financial and handicraft donations. They were particularly noted for their donations of quilts. This group also sponsored a girls group called the Millet Merry Maidens (later the Mermaidens).

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Millet and District Museum and Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places