Fonds 0339 - Albright United Church Women's Aid fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Albright United Church Women's Aid fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description


Reference code

CA GPR 0339

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area


  • 1935-1953 (Creation)
    Albright United Church Women's Aid

Physical description area

Physical description

2 cm textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

([ca. 1934]-1953)

Administrative history

The Albright United Church Women's Aid group was already conducting business according to financial records in 1934. (They were a group to be distinquished from an earlier Albright ladies group who were the original settlers wives and were from the west side - near the Gimli area.) Meetings had a strong devotional content and activities of the group included visiting the sick, contributing to the women's Missionary Society and also supporting the war effort through knitting, giving up war stamps, buying War Saving Certificates, making an Honor Roll quilt and contributions to the Red Cross. They also raisied money to be used to help pay the minister and support the upkeep of the manse and hall (which was also used as the church) through chicken suppers, ball tournaments, white elephant sales, bazaars, teas, and picnics. They had a Flower Committee, and a Baby Band Committee. In the early 1950s, they supported the Sunday School, contributed to the minister's salary, and the Hythe Rest Room. In July, 1953, a motion was passed that they disband and form a Community Club.

Custodial history

These records were originally donated to the South Peace Centennial Museum in Beaverlodge and were transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Lori Dalgleish in November, 2008.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of minutes from 1941-1953, financial records from 1935-1953, correspondence from 1949-1977 and printed material from associated organizations and unused greeting cards.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

These records were transferred to South Peace Regional Archives by Lori Dalgliesh in November 2008.


Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Related materials


No accruals are expected.

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2009.003

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier


Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail


Language of description

  • English

Script of description


Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres