Fonds 0065 - Aldergrove School District 4574 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Aldergrove School District 4574 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0065

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1932-1938 (Creation)
    Creator
    Aldergrove School District 4574

Physical description area

Physical description

1.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1933-1937)

Administrative history

Aldergrove School opened on March 20, 1933, a year after the organization of the school district. Located north-west of Hythe, on the S.W. corner of 17-74-12 W6, the school was a 26 x 32 log and frame building with a 10 x 20 lean-to. Sophie Knudtson (Mrs. Gerlinger) was the first teacher, followed by Mary Akre (Mrs. A. Gibson), and Ethel Meyer. In the fall of 1937, owing to a lack of children in the district, the school closed permanently and the pupils were sent to neighboring schools.

Custodial history

The Aldergrove District School Board handed their records in to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of 5 minute books detailing the decisions made by the Aldergrove School District for the years 1932-38, as well as accounts and correspondence.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The Aldergrove District School Board handed their records in to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession numbers: 2000.39; 2013.006

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0065

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres