Fonds jas-2595 - The Allen McQueen fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

The Allen McQueen fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

JAS jas-2595

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

Physical description area

Physical description

1 book.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Allen McQueen was born in 1936 to Ralph and Bertha McQueen. He has one older brother, Ewart (b. 1933). Allen was active in sports and school activities, finishing up his school years as president of the student's council. Allen married Pat Keen from Marwayne, Alberta in 1964. Pat and Allen have two children and moved to Edmonton in 1965. For more detailed information please see 'Jasper Reflections.'

Name of creator

Biographical history

Jasper's first school in 1914 was a tar paper shack that had once served as the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway contractor's temporary office. It was soon torn down and the children were taught in a tent until a one room school house was built later that year. This became known as Cox School after Henry Cox made it his residence. The school had by then grown and the Board rented space in a series of buildings, including the Roman Catholic mission building and the Canadian Legion Hall. In 1924, railway employees were transfered from Lucerne to Jasper, prompting a need for a bigger school. A four room school was built by the Edmonton architect, A.M. Calderon in 1925, to which various additions were made over the years. In 1953, the Junior/Senior High School was completed, followed by the Elementary School in 1963. The first school teachers in Jasper included Lillian Taylor, Mel Taylor, Dora Doyle and Nora Findlay (Brooks).

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of one year book from the Jasper Jr./Sr. Highschool (1955-56).

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

McQueen, Allen

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

series level description available

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Record No. ID215<br><br>

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres