Fonds mhm-1706 - Alpha Psi Chapter, Beta Sigma Phi fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Alpha Psi Chapter, Beta Sigma Phi fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of records.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA MHM mhm-1706

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1979-1992 (Creation)
    Creator
    Alpha Psi Chapter, Beta Sigma Phi Sorority

Physical description area

Physical description

32 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

<p>The Beta Sigma Phi Sorority is a women's social, service and cultural organization. The first chapter was opened by seven women in Abilene, Kansas in 1931. Its original purpose was to provide cultural and intellectual stimulation to women who could not afford to attend college during the depression. It is now the world's largest Greek letter sorority. <p>The St. Albert chapter, Alpha Psi, was founded December 4, 1978 as a friendly venture by Xi Phi (Exemplar Degree.) The chapter began with fourteen members. The chapter had its first meeting on January 15, 1979. The chapter's participation in the community has included providing friendship to Youville Home residents and sponsoring babysitting courses.</p>

Custodial history

Fonds was donated in three accruals. First material was donated in November 14, 1990 from Jennifer Wells. Second donation was received April 15, 1993 from Kim MacEachran. Third donation was received March 2, 1995 from R. Stuart. Material from the fonds has been loaned back to the organization for special events. One scrapbook which had been donated has not been returned.

Scope and content

Fonds consists of textual records, predominately minutes, and scrapbooks.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The records were donated in April 1993.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

A tiara and some decorations are included in this material.

Related materials

Accruals

Material received in three accruals, more accruals expected.

General note

Record No. Organizations and Clubs<br><br>

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres