Fonds 0066 - Antonberg School District 4586 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Antonberg School District 4586 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0066

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1932-1938 (Creation)
    Creator
    Antonberg School District 4586

Physical description area

Physical description

1 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1932-unknown)

Administrative history

Antonberg School District was formed on March 21, 1932, north of Demmitt, in I.D. 20 just inside the Alberta boundary. At the first meeting, E. Taylor was elected as Chairman of the Board and C.T. Halliday as secretary-treasurer. The secretary was to act as assessor and tax collector. A one acre school site on the north west corner of NW ¼ of 28-76-13 W6th was donated by J.D. Taylor. While they were waiting for the school to be built, they made an agreement with Hays School District, just inside the British Columbia boundary, for the attendance of their children at that school for a rate of $8.00 per family per annum. In 1933, they cooperated with Hays School District to add an addition to that overcrowded school. Although the idea of building a log school was discussed, the district continued to work with B.C. education authorities at Pouce Coupe to educate their children, and an actual building was never realized.

Custodial history

The Antonberg District School Board handed their records in to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of one minute book containing minutes and accounts from March 21, 1932 to March 12, 1938.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The Antonberg District School Board handed their records in to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected.

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2000.39

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0066

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres