Fonds 0068 - Aspen Ridge School District 4348 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Aspen Ridge School District 4348 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0068

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1928-1938 (Creation)
    Creator
    Aspen Ridge School District 4348

Physical description area

Physical description

1.25 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1928-1957)

Administrative history

Aspen Ridge School, located south of Beaverlodge on the north west corner of SW 24-70-9-W6, first opened in 1928. In September of 1938, the school district was split into a new Aspen Ridge on the east and Aspen Dale on the west. Aspen Ridge retained its original district number but a new school house was built on a new location at SE 29-70-8-W6. When Aspen Ridge closed in 1957, pupils were bussed to Wembley school. The first teacher, Miss Broadbridge, taught from 1928 - 1930. She was followed by Winona Howell, Martha Hennig, Joe Montgomery, Mrs. Crouse, Annie Walker, and Elbridge E. Green.*When the new Aspen Ridge school opened in 1938, Elbridge Green was the teacher, followed by A.E. McCready, Ingibjorg Jakobson (Olsson), Laura Bohme, Mrs. Olsson, Mary Funnell, Blanche Regimbald, Nora Giesbrect, Albine Sawchuk, Audrey Sutherland, and Florence Nail. Mrs. Rose and Mrs. I. Smith taught for the final year before Aspen Ridge closed on June 30, 1957.

Custodial history

The Aspen Ridge District School Board handed their records in to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of the minutes of the school board from August 4, 1928 to January 29, 1938.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The Aspen Ridge District School Board handed their records in to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected.

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2000.39

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0068

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres