Fonds mhm-2038 - B. H. Wilson Farm fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

B. H. Wilson Farm fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA MHM mhm-2038

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1931 - 1950 (Creation)
    Creator
    B. H. Wilson Farm

Physical description area

Physical description

2.5 cm of textual records. -- 21 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

Byron Harrison Wilson (1903 - 1977), son of S. P. Wilson (founder of W. W. Arcade in Edmonton). Byron obtained his BSc in Agriculture from the University of Alberta in 1927 and his MSc in horticulture from the University of Minnesota in 1930. For a brief period he assisted in research at the Indian Head Experimental Station in Saskatchewan. In 1931 Byron purchased a farm (River Lot 46) in St Albert River and in 1936 leased River Lot 45. He grew raspberries and other soft fruits commercially; the first raspberry crop was planted in 1939. During the war years there was a great demand for bacon, Byron raised pigs to provide 'bacon for Britain'. The farm was sold in 1950 so that Bryon could look after his father's business in Edmonton. In 1938 Bryon married Edna Hendra. They had one daughter, Helen Mavis, in 1942.

Name of creator

Biographical history

Name of creator

Biographical history

Custodial history

Records donated in 2002 and 2004 by Helen Andrews, daughter of Byron and Edna Wilson.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of records relating to the B. H. Wilson farm in St. Albert (river lot 45 and 46). Included are records of the farm purchase, lease and sale agreements; farm accounts, income tax records, newspaper clippings, correspondence, brochures, and photographs. The records consist of a single series B. H. Wilson Farm.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Helen Andrews

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

available

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres