Archief mhm-2038 - B. H. Wilson Farm fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Titel

B. H. Wilson Farm fonds

Algemene aanduiding van het materiaal

Parallelle titel

Overige titelinformatie

Title statements of responsibility

Titel aantekeningen

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Beschrijvingsniveau

Archief

archiefbewaarplaats

referentie code

CA MHM mhm-2038

Editie

Editie

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Datering archiefvorming

Datum(s)

  • 1931 - 1950 (Vervaardig)
    Archiefvormer
    B. H. Wilson Farm

Fysieke beschrijving

Fysieke beschrijving

2.5 cm of textual records. -- 21 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archivistische beschrijving

Naam van de archiefvormer

Biografie

Byron Harrison Wilson (1903 - 1977), son of S. P. Wilson (founder of W. W. Arcade in Edmonton). Byron obtained his BSc in Agriculture from the University of Alberta in 1927 and his MSc in horticulture from the University of Minnesota in 1930. For a brief period he assisted in research at the Indian Head Experimental Station in Saskatchewan. In 1931 Byron purchased a farm (River Lot 46) in St Albert River and in 1936 leased River Lot 45. He grew raspberries and other soft fruits commercially; the first raspberry crop was planted in 1939. During the war years there was a great demand for bacon, Byron raised pigs to provide 'bacon for Britain'. The farm was sold in 1950 so that Bryon could look after his father's business in Edmonton. In 1938 Bryon married Edna Hendra. They had one daughter, Helen Mavis, in 1942.

Naam van de archiefvormer

Biografie

Naam van de archiefvormer

Biografie

Geschiedenis beheer

Records donated in 2002 and 2004 by Helen Andrews, daughter of Byron and Edna Wilson.

Bereik en inhoud

The fonds consists of records relating to the B. H. Wilson farm in St. Albert (river lot 45 and 46). Included are records of the farm purchase, lease and sale agreements; farm accounts, income tax records, newspaper clippings, correspondence, brochures, and photographs. The records consist of a single series B. H. Wilson Farm.

Aantekeningen

Materiële staat

Directe bron van verwerving

Helen Andrews

Ordening

Taal van het materiaal

  • The material is in English.

Schrift van het materiaal

Plaats van originelen

Beschikbaarheid in andere opslagformaten

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Termen voor gebruik, reproductie en publicatie.

Toegangen

available

Associated materials

Related materials

Aanvullingen

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standaard nummer

Trefwoorden

Geografische trefwoorden

Naam ontsluitingsterm

Genre access points

Beheer

Identificatie van het beschrijvingsrecord

Identificatiecode van de instelling

Regels of conventies

Niveau van detaillering

Taal van de beschrijving

Schrift van de beschrijving

Bronnen

Voorwaarden voor raadpleging en gebruik

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres