Barons Consolidated School District No. 8

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Barons Consolidated School District No. 8

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

Barons Consolidated School District No. 8 was established in Barons, Alberta on July 24, 1915 when Goldendale S.D. No. 1527, Lundy S.D. No. 1439, Laurel Bank S.D. No. 3248, Barons S.D. No. 2220, Moulin S.D. No. 3246, Wheatland S.D. No. 1716 and Strathgarry S.D. No. 3247 were amalgamated. The Barons school building was used for the consolidated district. New rooms were added in 1919 and at the same time the Goldendale school building was moved into town to provide extra classrooms. In 1913 a two storey brick school was built. Grades one to twelve were taught at the school until 1966 when high school students were bused to Lethbridge.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Glenbow Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places