Title and statement of responsibility area
Barons Consolidated School District No. 8 fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of records.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
Physical description area
25 cm of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Barons Consolidated School District No. 8 was established in Barons, Alberta on July 24, 1915 when Goldendale S.D. No. 1527, Lundy S.D. No. 1439, Laurel Bank S.D. No. 3248, Barons S.D. No. 2220, Moulin S.D. No. 3246, Wheatland S.D. No. 1716 and Strathgarry S.D. No. 3247 were amalgamated. The Barons school building was used for the consolidated district. New rooms were added in 1919 and at the same time the Goldendale school building was moved into town to provide extra classrooms. In 1913 a two storey brick school was built. Grades one to twelve were taught at the school until 1966 when high school students were bused to Lethbridge.
Records originate from the Glenbow but are available at the Glenbow Western Research Centre, University of Calgary
Scope and content
The fonds consists of school tax rolls (1918-1924, 1927-1945).
Immediate source of acquisition
Gift of Mr. D.A. Gaudette, 1974.
Language of material
- The material is in English.
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
No restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
No finding aid.
Record No. M 1904, volumes 8-18<br><br>