Fonds 0333 - Beaverlodge Order of the Royal Purple Lodge 130 fonds

Beaverlodge Royal Purple Members OORP District Meeting - Fort St. John OORP District Meeting - Grande Prairie OORP District Meeting - Beaverlodge OORP District Meeting - Hythe OORP District Meeting - Fort St. John

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Beaverlodge Order of the Royal Purple Lodge 130 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0333

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1950-1988 (Creation)
    Creator
    Order of the Royal Purple of Canada. Beaverlodge #130

Physical description area

Physical description

5 cm of textual records
105 photographs

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1950-unknown)

Administrative history

Beaverlodge Lodge #130 of the Royal Purple was instituted on November 30, 1950, by District Deputy Pearl Coons and assisted by the Hythe Lodge. The charter, signed by Supreme Honored Royal Lady Marjorie Burk and secretary Elizabeth Deane was granted Feb 12, 1951. The club's first meetings were held in members' homes. From 1952-1977 they met in the old Community Center, then for a year in the Anglican Hall and from 1978 on in the new Community Center. Charter members were Madge Nontell, Honored Royal Lady; Marge Willis, Associate R. Lady; Ann Walker, Loyal Lady; Joan Wolfe, Lecturing Lady; Patricia Carrell, Secretary; Haidee Adams(Hume), Treasurer; Maxine Davis, Conductress; Mandealone Homberg, Chaplain; Clarabelle McClymont, Inner Guard; Marjorie Olsenberg, Outer Guard; Bernice John, 3 term Trustee; Evelyn Hogg, 2 term Trustee; Ruby Sanderson, 1 term Trustee; Jean Longson, Historian; Marie Tyrrell, Pianist; Elma Pfau, Florence Purvis, Patricia Dowd, Jean McKay, Phyllis Lossing, Marie Lossing, Edith Cart, Annabelle Funnell, and Doris Mc Farlane. They raised money through catering, raffles, bake sales and working a hat check service at the Community Center. They also sent old woolens to be made into blankets, assisted school children, hospitals and the elderly. They worked as a group to pattern a child with cerebral palsy and obtained a bursary through the Purple Cross Fund for a student going to university to specialize in hearing and speech problems. They also gave two years assistance to Robert Guest for his studies at the Banff School of Fine Arts. Many of the first members were from Hinton Trail so once a year the Beaverlodge ladies would travel to Hinton T rail for their meetings. When cold weather brought attendance below quorum, ladies spent time studying the constitution and the by-laws.

Custodial history

The records were originally donated to the South Peace Centennial Museum in Beaverlodge by the Beaverlodge and District Historical Society and transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Lori Dalgleish in November, 2008.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of a financial ledger (1973-1988), a book containing photographs of the Honored Royal Ladies (1950-1988), a binder containing a large photographs of group activities for each year from 1951-1982, membership records, a copy of the by-laws, written memories and photographs of the 35th anniversary celebrations, 4 district group photographs, and the charter surrender vote in 1988.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The records were originally donated to the South Peace Centennial Museum in Beaverlodge by the Beaverlodge and District Historical Society and transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Lori Dalgleish in November, 2008.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected.

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2009.011

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0333

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area