Fondo 0333 - Beaverlodge Order of the Royal Purple Lodge 130 fonds

Beaverlodge Royal Purple Members OORP District Meeting - Fort St. John OORP District Meeting - Grande Prairie OORP District Meeting - Beaverlodge OORP District Meeting - Hythe OORP District Meeting - Fort St. John

Área de título y declaración de responsabilidad

Título apropiado

Beaverlodge Order of the Royal Purple Lodge 130 fonds

Tipo general de material

  • Documento textual
  • Material gráfico

Título paralelo

Otra información de título

Título declaración de responsabilidad

Título notas

  • Fuente del título: Title of fonds based on contents.

Nivel de descripción

Fondo

Institución archivística

Código de referencia

CA GPR 0333

Área de edición

Declaración de edición

Declaración de responsabilidad de edición

Área de detalles específicos de la clase de material

Mención de la escala (cartográfica)

Mención de proyección (cartográfica)

Mención de coordenadas (cartográfica)

Mención de la escala (arquitectónica)

Jurisdicción de emisión y denominación (filatélico)

Área de fechas de creación

Fecha(s)

  • 1950-1988 (Creación)
    Productor
    Order of the Royal Purple of Canada. Beaverlodge #130

Área de descripción física

Descripción física

5 cm of textual records
105 photographs

Área de series editoriales

Título apropiado de las series del editor

Títulos paralelos de serie editorial

Otra información de título de las series editoriales

Declaración de responsabilidad relativa a las series editoriales

Numeración dentro de la serie editorial

Nota en las series editoriales

Área de descripción del archivo

Nombre del productor

(1950-unknown)

Historia administrativa

Beaverlodge Lodge #130 of the Royal Purple was instituted on November 30, 1950, by District Deputy Pearl Coons and assisted by the Hythe Lodge. The charter, signed by Supreme Honored Royal Lady Marjorie Burk and secretary Elizabeth Deane was granted Feb 12, 1951. The club's first meetings were held in members' homes. From 1952-1977 they met in the old Community Center, then for a year in the Anglican Hall and from 1978 on in the new Community Center. Charter members were Madge Nontell, Honored Royal Lady; Marge Willis, Associate R. Lady; Ann Walker, Loyal Lady; Joan Wolfe, Lecturing Lady; Patricia Carrell, Secretary; Haidee Adams(Hume), Treasurer; Maxine Davis, Conductress; Mandealone Homberg, Chaplain; Clarabelle McClymont, Inner Guard; Marjorie Olsenberg, Outer Guard; Bernice John, 3 term Trustee; Evelyn Hogg, 2 term Trustee; Ruby Sanderson, 1 term Trustee; Jean Longson, Historian; Marie Tyrrell, Pianist; Elma Pfau, Florence Purvis, Patricia Dowd, Jean McKay, Phyllis Lossing, Marie Lossing, Edith Cart, Annabelle Funnell, and Doris Mc Farlane. They raised money through catering, raffles, bake sales and working a hat check service at the Community Center. They also sent old woolens to be made into blankets, assisted school children, hospitals and the elderly. They worked as a group to pattern a child with cerebral palsy and obtained a bursary through the Purple Cross Fund for a student going to university to specialize in hearing and speech problems. They also gave two years assistance to Robert Guest for his studies at the Banff School of Fine Arts. Many of the first members were from Hinton Trail so once a year the Beaverlodge ladies would travel to Hinton T rail for their meetings. When cold weather brought attendance below quorum, ladies spent time studying the constitution and the by-laws.

Historial de custodia

The records were originally donated to the South Peace Centennial Museum in Beaverlodge by the Beaverlodge and District Historical Society and transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Lori Dalgleish in November, 2008.

Alcance y contenido

The fonds consists of a financial ledger (1973-1988), a book containing photographs of the Honored Royal Ladies (1950-1988), a binder containing a large photographs of group activities for each year from 1951-1982, membership records, a copy of the by-laws, written memories and photographs of the 35th anniversary celebrations, 4 district group photographs, and the charter surrender vote in 1988.

Área de notas

Condiciones físicas

Origen del ingreso

The records were originally donated to the South Peace Centennial Museum in Beaverlodge by the Beaverlodge and District Historical Society and transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Lori Dalgleish in November, 2008.

Arreglo

Idioma del material

Escritura del material

Ubicación de los originales

Disponibilidad de otros formatos

Restricciones de acceso

There are no restrictions on access.

Condiciones de uso, reproducción, y publicación

Instrumentos de descripción

Materiales asociados

Materiales relacionados

Acumulaciones

No accruals are expected.

Designaciones alfanuméricas

Accession number: 2009.011

Identificador/es alternativo(os)

Área de número estándar

Número estándar

Puntos de acceso

Puntos de acceso por materia

Puntos de acceso por lugar

Puntos de acceso por autoridad

Tipo de puntos de acceso

Área de control

Identificador de registro de descripción

0333

Identificador de la institución

South Peace Regional Archives

Reglas o convenciones

Nivel de detalle

Parcial

Idioma de descripción

  • inglés

Escritura de la descripción

Fuentes

Área de Ingreso

Personas y organizaciones relacionadas

Lugares relacionados

Tipos relacionados