Fonds 0069 - Beaverlodge School District 2341 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Beaverlodge School District 2341 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0069

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1944-1947 (Creation)
    Creator
    Beaverlodge School District 2341

Physical description area

Physical description

2 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1910-1944)

Administrative history

Beaverlodge School District No. 2341 was formed in the spring of 1910, the first public school in the Grande Prairie District. The first Beaverlodge School was built of logs and located at the old town site. Even the desks were hand-made. The first teacher was Mrs. C.A. Drake (later Mrs. J.W. Wilkie), followed by Elizabeth Johnson. In 1922, a two-room frame school was built, and by 1929 there was also a new two-room, brick-faced school at the new town site. These three schools served the population (with overflow classes in the Victory Hall, the Community Centre and Bentum Hall) until centralization, when two new schools-elementary and high school were built. A few of the teachers throughout the years were: Harrison, Dron, McElroy, Ross, Ferguson, Mackintosh, Reid, Webber, Miller, Lysne, Cairns, Challenger, Andrews, Clarke, Edgar, and Martin. During 1944, Beaverlodge School District Trustees began holding discussions with regard to uniting the Beaverlodge school with the Grande Prairie Division.

Custodial history

The Beaverlodge District School Board handed their records in to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of one binder of school board minutes from January 11, 1944 to December 31, 1946. Accounts, correspondence and hand-written notations are included with the minutes.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The Beaverlodge District School Board handed their records in to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected.

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2000.39

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0069

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres