Fonds 0202 - Belloy School District 4731 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Belloy School District 4731 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0202

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1936-1957 (Creation)
    Creator
    Belloy School District 4731

Physical description area

Physical description

7.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1936-[ca.1957])

Administrative history

The Belloy school district was formed in 1936, with SW 27-78-2-W6 as the first site, and later SW 15-78-2-W6. The original school was built on Jack Culshaw's land. Surnames of children who attended school in 1937 included Bodette, Kostash, Ripley, Urness, Koseluk, Sinkewich, and Rouleau. Mervin Jasbec was the teacher of the 14 children in grades 1-7. The original school and site was sold in 1949 and the old Steele building was moved into the hamlet of Belloy to be used as the school. By 1954, June Mc Pherson was teaching 26 grades 1-4 students and Ronald Sampsel was teaching 19 grades 5-9 students. Under consolidation the school was closed sometime in the late 1950s.

Custodial history

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of 17 Daily Registers for the years from 1936 to 1957, completed by the following teachers: Mervin Jasbec, R. Boswell, H. Martin, Mrs. McSweeney, Mrs. V. Scott, Ronald Sampsel, June Lois McPherson, Alice Patnode, Mrs. Madge Murphy, H.A. Sather, Joan Sather, Vivian Scott, Mrs. Nellie Lambright.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected

Accompanying material

Accession number: 2003.46

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0202

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres