Fonds 0204 - Blueberry Mountain School District 4106 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Blueberry Mountain School District 4106 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0204

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1931-1957 (Creation)
    Creator
    Blueberry Mountain School District 4106

Physical description area

Physical description

12.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1929-unknown)

Administrative history

According to Estella Esselink's record in The Big Bend, Blueberry Mountain School began here in 1929, with Miss Jean Walker, teacher. Minutes of a trustees meeting June 20, 1931 record the reappointment of W.M. Wood as chairman and Mrs. Minnie Wood, secretary/treasurer. Teachers in the 1930s include Miss Walker, Miss Yoder, Miss Comer and Miss Jones, Helen Boadway, Irene Schieck and E.V. Coykendall. In 1933, the board requested from the Department of Education a list of teachers willing to accept positions at an annual rate of $500. due to their poor financial position. Attendance figures often determined when school would close and the teacher often was asked to make the decision. By 1936, one student was attending Spirit River School and the district paid her tuition. A new school and barn was built in 1937 on land donated by Mr. Dewey Keebler. The work was accomplished over a number of years and many families contributed labour in exchange for payment on back taxes owing. Teachers in the 1940s included Irene Godberson, Louise Martin, Betty Hopkins, Olive G. Holmberg, Hattie Carder, Dorothy Lilge, Madge.Smyth, Miss Carvell. In the 1950s teachers included Melba Cyr, Joan Bayers, Stella Brett, Estella Esselink, Mr. W. G. Marles, William Konapelka, Melba Peg and Mrs. Maxwell.

Custodial history

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of one minute book from 1931-1940 and Daily Registers from 1930 to 1957.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2003.46

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0204

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres