Fonds 0207 - Broncho Creek School District 3910 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Broncho Creek School District 3910 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0207

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1920-1949 (Creation)
    Creator
    Broncho Creek School District 3910

Physical description area

Physical description

15.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1920-1949)

Administrative history

The Broncho Creek School District was formed in 1920 with I A. White, chairman; A.J. Cox, secretary/treasurer; and Victor Young the third trustee. A temporary school house on NW 5-79-5 W5 was used at first. The school site chosen was SE 6-79-5 W5 and application was made to the Board of Public Utility Commissions of Alberta to borrow $2500 for building the school. In 1921, John Paul was engaged as the first teacher at a proposed salary of $1100. The Broncho Creek school served the community until June 1949, when it was closed. Students on the west part of the district were bussed to Spirit River, and those on the eastern part were sent to Rycroft. The school house was purchased by the Ladies' Community Club for $1.00 and was used for many years as a community center and more recently as storage for bee boxes for a honey company.

Custodial history

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of a minute book from 1920-1941. Daily registers from the years 1922-1949 contain records from the following teachers: M. H. Moore, Mamie Silverthorn, J. Stothers, P. Canning, Mary McLeod, Helen Dewar, K. Simmons, Audrey Barker, Ethel Akins (White), Helen Horne, Velma Keene, Anna Hanasik, Shirley Hardy, Betty Hopkins, Muriel Grime, Edward Rockarts.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2003.46

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0207

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres