Title and statement of responsibility area
C.E. Calberry fonds
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.
Level of description
CA GPR 0373
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Calberry, C. E.
Physical description area
2 cm of textual records.
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Clayton Calberry left his home in Roslin, Ontario, in 1925 and tried several western spots including Medicine Hat before arriving in Grande Prairie June 28,1931. He filed on a homestead SW 13-72-2 W6. He worked for Pat McCann the first summer to get money for building his first home and continued to work off the farm for the next few years. While he had worked on a harvesting crew in Saskatchewan in 1927, he met the assistant cook, Tillie Jaeger, and they reconnected and decided to marry in 1937. Three children were born to them: Kenneth, Phyllis, and Dianne. In June , 1942 Clayton began work as the ferryman at Moody's crossing on the Smoky River. He also served as a trustee for the Ravenna School District. He was appointed by the Minister of Agriculture to be the Poundkeeper in the Goodwin area in 1944. He was the secretary for the Goodwin Cattle Assoc. and also worked at the Co-op shipping yards in DeBolt in later years. The homestead house served the family until 1958 when a new house was built. Kenny went to work for the Calgary Fire Department; Phyllis married George Seaton and they owned a hotel at Pickle Lake, Ontario; and Dianne married Bob Thew and they live in Grande Prairie.
The records were donated to the DeBolt & District Pioneer Museum by Diane Thew, daughter of Clayton Calberry in June, 2006. The DeBolt & District Pioneer Museum donated the collection to the South Peace Regional Archives in June 2006.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of records from Clayton Calberry's work as an enumerator for the polling division #53 for the federal election of 1945, as a poundkeeper for the area, 1944-1965, and as a school trustee for the East Smoky School Division (1938-1954) including minutes and finances and a register from the Ravenna School 1940-41.
Immediate source of acquisition
The DeBolt & District Pioneer Museum donated the collection to the South Peace Regional Archives in June 2006.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
A finding aid is available at http://southpeacearchives.org/finding-aids/c-e-calberry-fonds/
No accruals are expected.
Accession number: 2006.049
Standard number area
Place access points
Name access points
- Calberry, C. E. (Creator)
Genre access points
Description record identifier
South Peace Regional Archives
Rules or conventions
Level of detail
Language of description