Title and statement of responsibility area
Calvin United Church fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Calvin United Church (Edmonton, Alberta)
Physical description area
0.03 m of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
Calvin United Church was established in 1925 upon the creation of The United Church of Canada from a union of the Methodist, Presbyterian and Congregational denominations. The origin of the congregation is from Calvin Presbyterian Church that was established in 1914. According to the United Church Year Books, Calvin United Church was part of multi-point charges which at various times included Calvin, Avonmore, Forest Heights and Rabbit Hill United Churches. The congregation disbanded and the church closed in 1960.
Name of creator
Calvin Presbyterian Church was established in 1914. The congregation joined in church union in 1925 and became Calvin United Church.
Records deposited under Accession Number PR 1976.387 were acquired sometime prior to 1975; however, there is no surviving record of the details. In 1975, the Conference entered into a permanent loan agreement with the Provincial Archives of Alberta for the physical custody and control of the holdings of the Conference Archives and the records were relocated to the PAA in that same year. Records received after 1975 have come from the congregation, church members,of officers of the presbytery or the Conference.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of Official Board minutes, 1952-1958; congregational meeting minutes, 1952-1960; Session minutes, 1925-1941, 1957-1960; membership roll, 1925-1950; Committee of Stewards, minutes, 1957-1960; church register of baptisms, marriages and burials (including entries for Avonmore, Forest Heights, and Rabbit Hill), 1934-1959; communion roll, 1957, 1960; guest book, ca. 1958; collections record book, 1957-1960; Woman's Association minutes, 1959-1960; Ladies' Aid notes, correspondence, and reports, 1937-1946; Sunday School minutes and lists, 1956-1958.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
- The material is in English.
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Conditions on Access: None. Conditions on Use: Subject to the Copyright Act. Permission for use required. See Conference Archivist.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Inventory is available.
Further accruals are not expected
Record No. PR 1975.387; PR 1982.172; PR 1983.285<br><br>