Fonds 0071 - Canor School District 3955 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Canor School District 3955 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0071

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1922-1938 (Creation)
    Creator
    Canor School District 3955

Physical description area

Physical description

1 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1920-1949)

Administrative history

Canor (Canadian-Norwegian) School District was located east of LaGlace and north west of Sexsmith. It was organized c. 1920, and school taught for a few months in a vacant house. From 1920-1928 the students attended Chatham until a school was built in the Canor District. They traveled to Chatham in a school van, a covered sleigh. In 1928, the school was constructed by Ed Loven and Powell. Teachers included Miss B. Hallet (Mrs. J.C. Lawrence), Miss Benson, Miss Comfort, Daisy Albers, Miss Willis, Miss E. Cochrane, Miss M. Poppin, Mr. T.E. Shannon, Miss Pow, Harriet Wallace, Miss O. Prevost, Miss L. Burton, Phyllis Clarke, Mrs. Tinchuk, Mary Sereda, Miss R. Roberts, Miss D. Longson, Ethel Hoflin, and Irene Samuelson. Canor School operated until 1949, when the one-room schools in the area were consolidated to Sexsmith and LaGlace.

Custodial history

The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of one book of school board minutes.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2000.39

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0071

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres