Fonds 0072 - Chatham School District 3638 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Chatham School District 3638 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0072

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1918-1937 (Creation)
    Creator
    Chatham School District 3638

Physical description area

Physical description

1 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1916-1948)

Administrative history

Chatham School District was formed in 1916, and for the first few years classes were taught in borrowed quarters: a vacant house for the 1916-1917 term, and then in the U.F.A. hall which was built in 1918. The school was built in 1925 by George and Orville Jensen. It operated until 1948, when the students were bussed to Sexsmith. Teachers were Agnes Ferris, Miss B. Hallet, Miss C.H. Johnston, Ethel Turner, Marion Morrison, Margaret O'Neill, George Grover, Miss S. Olson, Miss Frewing, Miss M. Wheatley, Gertrude Brightwell, Olive Adsett, Ruth Axelson, Milton Robertson, Miss M. Meiklejohn, Alice Hettinger, Miss M. R. Burton, Miss Jean Fraser-Smith, Miss M. Jaque, Shirley Love and Alice Samuelson (supervisor).

Custodial history

The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of one minute book from the school board.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2000.39

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0072

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres