Fonds 0208 - Cherry Point School District 4721 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Cherry Point School District 4721 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title of fonds based on contents.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0208

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1936-1958 (Creation)
    Creator
    Cherry Point School District 4721

Physical description area

Physical description

10.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1936-1960)

Administrative history

The Cherry Point School District was located north of the Peace River, and was later included in Spirit River School Division 47 because transportation routes linked it to the Spirit River area (via Dawson Creek) but not yet to Fairview, the school division north of the Peace. The first school in Cherry Point started in Elmer Andrews' home in 1936 with Mrs. Elwood Craig as teacher. By 1937, 17 students were registered, and by 1938-39 there was a new log school. In 1958, the consolidated district of Clear River was formed, and in 1959 a new school was built west of Bear Canyon store, in between the two districts. For a year, the older children went to Bear Canyon and the younger children went to Cherry Point and then they were all moved into the new school in 1960. The old schools were moved to the site to be used as teacherages. In 1960, Fairview School Division took over responsibility for this district.

Custodial history

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Scope and content

The series consists of 13 Daily Registers from 1937-1958. Teachers included Vera Sutherland, Mrs. P. Craig, Miss L. Beales, Nicholas Zakordonski, Steve Dubetz, Bertha Macklin, Anna Maxwell (1942-1954), Martin Fritz, Lois Green, Marina Campbell, and Lois Erickson.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2003.46

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0208

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres