Fonds 0074 - Crystal Creek School District 3403 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Crystal Creek School District 3403 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0074

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1933-1938 (Creation)
    Creator
    Crystal Creek School District 3403

Physical description area

Physical description

1 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1917-1956)

Administrative history

Crystal Creek School was built in 1917, although the district was formed c. 1914 and school taught in the church until the school was ready. Mr. Allan Boyd was in charge of construction. In 1930, the school was enlarged. In 1933 a building to serve as a teacherage was moved in, and in 1934 a new barn was constructed. The school continued to operate until 1956, when busses began transporting the students to Grande Prairie. The school building was then sold and became a house at 9920-101 Avenue in Grande Prairie.

Custodial history

The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of school board minutes.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2000.39

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0074

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres