Fonds 0212 - Deep Valley School District 4931 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Deep Valley School District 4931 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0212

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1946-1956 (Creation)
    Creator
    Deep Valley School District 4931

Physical description area

Physical description

2.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1930-1956)

Administrative history

The first school district was formed to the west of Ksituan in 1930, a district badly cut up by creeks, making the formation of boundaries difficult. The first meeting was held February 15, 1932, and over the next few years, there was wrangling over the site for the school. In the meantime, the western boundary was absorbed by Ksituan School and the northern boundary was served by Yellow Creek School. Finally, in 1945, with the election of Adam Juzwishin, Bill Zyha and Sam Wlad to the school board, arrangements were made with the Spirit River School Division to build a school. The district supplied the lumber for school and teacherage. Classes began January in 1947, with Miss Dorothy Burbee as teacher and 33 students. Teachers who followed were Doris Bilawchuk, Mr. R.B. Hemphill, Mr. N.D.Shmyr, Miss N Bryzgorni, Miss Lakusta, Lillian Bilawchuk, and Helen Kowalchuk. The school was closed in 1956 and the elementary/junior high students bussed to Blueberry Creek while high school students were bussed to Spirit River. The school building was moved to Spirit River and became Margaret Kushneryk's home.

Custodial history

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of Daily Registers from 1946 to 1956.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The records were preserved by the Spirit River School Division No. 47. In 1994 this division was absorbed by the Peace Wapiti School Division, who deposited the records in Grande Prairie Regional Archives in 2003.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2003.46

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0212

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres