Fonds MS-125 - APEGGA Women's Club

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

APEGGA Women's Club

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the most recent name of the club.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA EDM MS-125

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1949-2003, predominantly 1954-2009 (Creation)
    Creator
    APEGGA Women’s Club

Physical description area

Physical description

1 m of textual records and other material.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1949-2009)

Administrative history

The APEGGA [Alberta Professional Engineers, Geologists and Geophysicists Association] Women's Club, also known as the Ladies Auxilliary E.I.C [Engineers' Institute of Canada], Engineers' Wives Association of Edmonton, Engineers' Wives Club, E.IC. and A.P.E.A. [Alberta Professional Engineers' Association], Engineers' Wives Club and Professional Engineers Wives' Club during its existence, was organized in September 1949. It was a social group, designed to acquaint wives of Edmonton engineers with each other. It organized social activities, interest groups and special events. It was renamed the APEGGA Women's Club in 1993 and was disbanded in 2009 at its 60th anniversary.

Custodial history

Donors were officers of the club.

Scope and content

This fonds consists of correspondence and reports relating to the organization of the club, records of officers of the club including the President (1988-2009), First Vice-President/Vice-president (1987-2009), Second Vice-president (1954-1999), Treasurer (1963-2009), Recording Secretary/Secretary (1959-2009), Corresponding Secretary/Newsletter Chairperson (1979-2009), Membership Chairperson (1958-2009), Groups Chairperson (1966-1996), Social Convenor (1975-2009). It also includes records of the Ladies' Afternoon Bridge Club Convenor (1982-2008), Mixed Bridge Club Convenor (1972, 1980-1992), Photography Convenor (1977-1999) and The Painter Group Convenor (n.d.).

There are photographs of executive members and events and a PowerPoint presentation of Club's history, 2009.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

This fonds was donated to the City of Edmonton Archives by Mrs. L Pedrick in 1974. Mrs. Pedrick was a member of the Edmonton Engineers' Wives Club. Later accurals were made by APEGGA Women's Club, formerly the Edmonton Engineers' Wives Club.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Finding aid available at repository.

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Record No. MS-125<br><br>

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres