Fonds 0372 - Goodwin Co-op fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Goodwin Co-op fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0372

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1949-1952 (Creation)
    Creator
    Goodwin Co-op

Physical description area

Physical description

0.5 cm of textual records.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1942-1962)

Administrative history

In 1942, the Goodwin community got together under the leadership of Xeviar Vogelbacker to organize a Co-op store. ( An existing store owned by Mr. Krause was bought out.) William Munro was the manager of the Co-op store and the postmaster for the first three years. It was later managed by Fred Darton with the help of Gene and Grace Dana, and then by Mr. And Mrs. Ben Middlestad, then Mr. And Mrs. Ed Peckham and then Mr. and Mrs. Harold Bowman. Later in 1954 the store was sold to Bowman who sold it to Mr. Sask of Teepee Creek and Mr. Abe Wiebe managed it. In 1962 the store burned down and was never rebuilt.

Custodial history

These records were originally donated to the Debolt Museum and transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Fran Moore in May, 2006.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of Goodwin Member's Equity list (1949), member's purchases list (1949), a financial statement (1952) and miscellaneous financial records.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

These records were originally donated to the Debolt Museum and transferred to the South Peace Regional Archives by Fran Moore in May, 2006.

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

No accruals are expected.

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2006.049

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0372

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres