Fonds mil-1808 - Hillside Community Club fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Hillside Community Club fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

MIL mil-1808

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1910-1981 (Creation)
    Creator
    Hillside Community Club (Millet, Alta.)

Physical description area

Physical description

9 cm of textual records. -- 1 photograph

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The former Hillside School District No. 702 is located a few kilometers southwest of the town of Millet, Alberta. The Hillside Community Club was formed in 1936, primarily for social and recreational purposes. It usually met at the Hillside School. The school closed in 1954, but it continued to be used as a community hall. In 1965 the Club acquired it from the County of Wetaskiwin on a long-term lease basis, and renovated it. The Club was still active in the 1990s.

Custodial history

The fonds was donated in 1991 by Bert Loader, a member of the Hillside Community Club.

Scope and content

The fonds includes minutes, correspondence, annual reports, and financial records of the Hillside Community Club. It includes the record book of the Wide Awake Junior United Farmers of Alberta, which was active in the Hillside district from 1924 to 1933. It includes one 1934 issue of The Hillside Times, a handwritten newspaper. It includes pages from the school register (1913-1914) of the Grand View (or Grandview) School District No. 941.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions on access.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Record No. A-10<br><br>

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area