Copy of an original photograph. The Repeater Station personnel took great delight is scaring the new weather station personnel when they were in the outhouse, by shooting at the building. They took care not to shoot through the roof, as they did not want to be dripped on when they were in the outhouse.
Copy of an original photograph. A convoy truck, bound from Edmonton to Dawson Creek and the Alaska highway, stopped in front of the temporary weather station and behind the Repeater Station at Little Smoky.
Copy of an original photograph. The Brown's Place at Little Smoky River on the Old High Prairie Road. Sid and Margo Brown and their family lived there from 1932-1945. All the Army convoys to Alaska passed right by the little store by the old bridge.
Copy of an original photograph. Lee Pooler's jeep crossing the bridge at Little Smoky. Supplies, such as gasoline and groceries for the Repeater Station and Weather Station at Little Smoky were brought in from High Prairie.
Copy of an original photograph. Seargent Lee Pooler delivered hard copies of the weather reports to headquarters at the Grande Prairie Airport once a month. Margaret Wilson, a teacher at GP, is touring him around the town.
The fonds consists of Lee's oral history of the time he spent as a weatherman for the U.S. Army Air Force at Little Smoky and Valleyview during World War II, a hand-drawn map of the buildings located near Little Smoky between Valleyview and High Prairie, and 22 photographs. There are 3 photos of Lee Pooler himself, 5 of the Royal Canadian Signal Corps station at Little Smoky where the first temporary weather station was located, 8 of the Weather Station on the hill north of Valleyview, and 6 of people or locations in the area.
Copy of an original photograph. The Little Smoky Repeater Station at Little Smoky was segmented for the various activities. From the south end on the right of the photo the building contained a maintenance room, the operation center for generating electricity, electronics room for the teletypes and phones, sleeping barracks, kitchen, and double doors for weather protection.
Copy of an original photograph. The long low log building is the Royal Canadian Corps of Signals Repeater Station at Little Smoky during the second World War. Behind it is the maintenance building, and the weather station.