The fonds consists of the records of the Board of Directors; Administrative planning documents, financial and personnel records, information on the physical plant, and subject and correspondence files; photographs and information on Collections’ artifacts, buildings, and displays; photographs and files of Programming and special events. Completing the collection are brochures and books published by the society, associated organizations; and photographs, scrapbooks and guest books from the Grande Prairie Museum.
Pioneer Museum Society of Grande Prairie and District
The fonds consists of the following series: personal and family papers and photographs including diaries written by Beth over an extensive period beginning in 1939 (with lapses) and into the 2000s; publications from "The Bull Outfit" with which her father came to the Beaverlodge area 1909; organizational files showing Beth's involvement with Trumpeter Swan preservation, the Home and School Association, the Grande Prairie County Agricultural Society, the Grande Prairie Book Club, and the Grande Prairie Hot Air Balloon Events Association; files relating to her work as author and historian of Clairmont and District, the Monkman Pass, Grande Prairie's 25th Anniversary, Pioneers of the Peace, and the Peace River itself, complete with the diary of a trip down that river in 1955, and a reference system of news clippings on the people and events in the Grande Prairie area from [1970-2000]. There is also a large collection of photographs, both historical and documentary, detailing her activities and showing her interests as a photographer.
The fonds consists of minutes of annual and executive meetings of the Peace River Archaeology Society from discussions regarding its founding in 1988 to its dissolution in 2001; newsletters detailing activities from 1988 to 1995; project files containing slides, negatives, and field notes for the Grande Prairie Inventory in 1985, the Birch Hills Survey in 1987 and the Peace Project in 1991; reference files with articles on archaeological articles on the Peace Country and news clippings from 1946 to 1995; and issues of the Alberta Archaeological Review from 1986 and 1997-2001. There is also a map marked with locations of archaeological finds in the Grande Prairie area.
The fonds consists of two small diaries with a few brief entries, dated 1912-1915, concerning trips on the Edson Trail, lists of supplies and notes on grain and teams; one account book detailing the dates, customers, amounts of feed and prices charged in their feed-grinding business from 1919-1929; letters, telegrams and notes concerning Donald’s death and the settling of his estate, including the selling of Glen Nevis, 1962-64; 2 blank postcards from Quebec, 1 from Doncaster England, and 1 of a Scottish home, possibly Glen Nevis.
The fonds consists of logos, posters, summaries and scrapbooks which detail the history of CFGP; photographs, blueprints and correspondence regarding the physical plant which housed the radio station; correspondence regarding the broadcasting market, starting with telegrams from all over the area regarding quality of transmission on first day of operations in 1937; Market statistics, reports and administrative correspondence; photographs of personnel; announcer and advertisement scripts; program schedules from the initial broadcasts to 1950; photographs of activities generated through sales and promotions; publications for promotions and celebrations; photographs and material regarding the Royal Visit in 1987, and a file of news clippings.
The fonds consists of Lozeron family photographs; personal papers and correspondence of each member of the immediate family -- Pierre, Dora Koberg Lozeron, Paul, Homer and Andre; farm documents from as early as 1915; farm account books from the 1930s to the 1960s; farming information from the 1950s and 1960s files according to the UGG filing system; and correspondence from their extended family members in Switzerland, friends and family members in Canada and the United States. The correspondence dates back to 1910, when the Lozeron boys first left Switzerland.
The fonds consists of copies of Spirit of the Peace newsletters; written descriptions, photographs and pamphlets collected on three tours of the Peace Country sponsored by Spirit of the Peace in 1990-1991; oral history tapes made for the Treaty 8 display and kit in 1999; and publications promoting the museums and activities of the group.
The fonds consists of minutes, correspondence, a financial ledger recording all campaign donations, receipts and bills, and publications such as pamphlets, annual reports and magazines from Canadian Red Cross.