- CA ATH ath-2217
- 1985, 1991
The fonds consists of one article entitled "Athabasca Landing Ferry, (1906-1951)." The ferry service in Athabasca Landing began in 1906. In 1934 a cable cage system was installed as an auxiliary service to the ferry. When a bridge across the Athabasca River opened in 1952 the ferry service was discontinued. The article is illustrated with photographs, newspaper articles and crossing statistics. The cassette includes information on researching the history of the Town of Athabasca. A donation of seven books includes David Leonard's Peace River series: The Lure of the Peace Country 1872 – 1914, David Leonard and Victoria Lemieux: 1992. Delayed Frontier: The Peace River Country to 1909, David W. Leonard, 1995. The Last Great West: The Agricultural Settlement of the Peace River Country to 1914, David W. Leonard, 2005.
Margot Kindt, "The Town of Athabasca," 1986. Framed print.