Victor Flint, with his brother George, came to the Peace Country in 1909 with a group of people from Ontario, some of whom belonged to the Christian Association (not as missionaries) when he was 19 years old. In 1915 he married Frances Sills who had come west with Mabel (her sister) and Hugh Allen. They homesteaded south and west of Beaverlodge, but in the 1950s began to spend winters in Pasadena, California. In 1967 they moved to Pioneer Lodge in Grande Prairie. Frances passed away in 1968 and Victor in 1969, both at the age of 80.
George Flint came to the Peace Country in 1909 with his brother Victor and a group of people from Ontario when he was 21 years old. In 1910 their parents, Mr. & Mrs. Paul Flint, joined them at Beaverlodge.
Victor Flint came to the Peace Country in 1909 with a group from Ontario when he was 19 years old. Frances Sills arrived in Beaverlodge with her sister Mabel and her husband Hugh Allen in 1911, but returned to Ontario in 1913. They were married in Ontario in February 1915.
Family portrait of the Flint family, with grandparents Paul and Lizzie Flint seated in armchairs, flanked by Victor, Frances and George Flint and their three daughters Pauline, Madelon, and Beth. Paul Flint was a co-founder of the Christian Association, and came to the south Peace 1910.
The Flints farmed in the Lower Beaverlodge district, calling it Crescent Grove Farm. Their first home was Victor's homestead "shack", made of logs with a sod roof. About 1917 they built a larger log home in a different location. The Beaverlodge Cemetery is on part of Victor's homestead, for which he donated the land.