Showing 30 results

Archival description
Fonds Buildings
Print preview View:

William Toews fonds

  • CA ATH 88.12
  • Fonds
  • 1953-1956

Includes photographs of men working on the framing of St. Gabriel's Roman Catholic Church in Athabasca. One photo shows a man standing by himself. This is probably William Toews.

Toews, William

Teodor Koda fonds

  • CA GPR 0044
  • Fonds
  • 1926-1972

The fonds consists of a 1926 record of baptism; a Polish-American dictionary; a Canadian Pacific Railway booklet; a 1928 passport; an embarkment card from the steamer "Baltonia" dated May 11, 1928; an immigration identification card from the ship "Empress of France"; a 1938 Certificate of Naturalization; 1939 correspondence with tailors in Montreal and Bluesky regarding a new suit of clothes; correspondence from Alberta Government offices regarding timber permissions for the Volin Community Association in 1938, and proof of age for his senior's pension in 1972; two World War II ration books issued to "Fred" Koda; a Duplicate Certificate of Title for his farmland; raffle tickets supporting the Ukrainian Summer Festival in Palmero, Ont. in 1962; a life insurance cerificate from the Rycroft Co-operative Association; coupons from the Royal Crown Soaps company; and 2 postcards from businesses in the Rycroft area. The collection includes a photograph of Teodor Koda attached to the 1928 passport.

Koda, Teodor

Grande Prairie Roman Catholic School District No. 28 fonds

  • CA GPR 0350
  • Fonds
  • 1928-2007

The fonds consists of minutes for the separate school districts in Grande Prairie, Spirit River, Fairview, Sexsmith and Beaverlodge; daily registers for Grande Prairie Schools, Spirit River, Sexsmith, and Beaverlodge; operational files for Grande Prairie, Spirit River, Sexsmith and Beaverlodge; photographs for Grande Prairie, Spirit River and Fairview; and scrapbooks which contain news clippings about the entire area.

Grande Prairie Roman Catholic School District No. 28

Turner Family fonds

  • CA GPR 0478
  • Fonds
  • [ca. 1920]-1950

The fonds consists of a scrapbook conatining historical documents relating to Charles Thomas McLinden Turner and Jeanne (Dubois) Turner, 149 photographs of the Turner family and Grande Prairie town in the 1940s and 1950s. Also included is a number of hockey team photographs and a geneological record of the Turner family written by Suzanne Dunn.

Turner family

Halcourt Cemetery fonds

  • CA GPR 0492
  • Fonds
  • 1922 - 2009

The fonds consists of a cemetery record book including the minutes from the Halcourt Church Board of Trustees meeting of April 24, 1922, appointing trustees Theodore Cleland, Thomas G. Cotton, William Dorin, Bertha Chambers, Thomas G. Chambers; and minutes from a meeting of June 10, 1946, at Halcourt where F. Brewer, B.O. Cleland, and Art Funnell discuss "the matter of the Municipality taking over the Halcourt Cemetery". Burials are recorded by date, or by family grouping. There is also a section containing names and payments for plots and remarks, and another section containing names of deceased, sex, age, date of death, date of burial, cause of death and officiating clergyman. Pages 148-152 records burials dated 1968-2009. Early pioneer family names appearing in the burial records include Funnell, Ingledew, McNaught, McEachern, Schenk, Cleland, Holmes, Churchman, Walker, and Booth. The last burial entry date recorded is in 2009. A newsclipping (undated) thanks Albert Hill, Larry Dahl, and Herman Kreiger for making wooden crosses to be used as markers, Fletcher Smith for the donation of lumber, and Bill Dahl and Peter McNaughton for setting the crosses in their places.

The fonds also contains two maps showing the locations of plots in the original Halcourt Cemetery and in the addition to the Cemetery (1954) with initials and names of plot occupants marked.

Halcourt Cemetery

Maurice Pivert fonds

  • CA GPR 0527
  • Fonds
  • 1947-1952

The fonds consists of a 26 page biography of Maurice Pivert written by his niece, Paulette Pivert Hrychiw, and copies of 25 photographs taken by Maurice Pivert between 1947 and 1955. The photographs include four of a Model T race at the fairgrounds in 1947, four of building the Memorial Arena in 1949, six of a County Agricultural fair and parade ca. 1950, two of the municipal hospital ca. 1950, four of new public buildings in Grande Prairie ca. 1952, and 5 of Christmas at the Andre Pivert home in 1955. These photographs are a few of the many Maurice Pivert took as he documented life around him at his farm in Grande Prairie. The copies were made available by Paulette Hrychiw.

Pivert, Maurice

The White Studio fonds

  • CA GPR 0558
  • Fonds
  • 1937-1938

The fonds consists of 12 b & w postcards of scenes from the Grande Prairie area in 1937-1938 taken by Cameron White, photographer for The White Studio. The McDermid Photo Service envelope from Calgary, in which the postcards were housed, dated April 12, 1938 is included. Also in the file is a Ceretificate of Change of Name for John Cameron White to become Ross Haynes.

White Studio

John A. (Jack) Crerar Family fonds

  • CA GPR 0663
  • Fonds
  • 1915-1940

The fonds consists of four photographs and two documents. The photographs are of Jack Crerar in 1924 and Doug Crerar ca. 1940, Bear Creek Bridge ca. 1915, and a Winter Carnival ca. 1924. The documents are a program for the “First Annual Banquet of Grande Prairie Conservative Association at the Empire Hotel Monday, January 17, 1916”; and a program for the “Third Annual Peace River Musical Festival on May 25 and 26, 1927 at Grande Prairie Alberta.” There is also a legal sheet of paper containing a short history of the Alexander and Sarah Crerar family produced ca. 2000.

John A. (Jack) Crerar Family

Rudiger Schmidt Collection

  • CA GPR 0671
  • Fonds
  • [1970-1980]

Dr. Lloyd Austin ran a religious commune on his homestead on the NE6-71-5-W6, southeast of the City of Grande Prairie. This land was homesteaded by Dr. Lloyd Austin ca. 1930 and turned over to Billy Blair after the Austins left the area.

William “Billy” Blair was born in 1886. He worked as a camp cook for Henry Selby, who surveyed land east of the fifth meridian, in 1905.

William Blair died in 1995 and is buried in the Grande Prairie Cemetery.

The material in this collection contains records related to Dr. Lloyd Austin’s religious commune.

The record consists of 15 photographs of the dilapidated buildings of a religious commune located on the NE 6-71-5-W6, on the banks of Bear Creek south-east of the City and one 40-minute oral history.

Schmidt, Rudiger

Harry Veiner fonds

  • CA MED 615
  • Fonds
  • 1906

The fonds consists of images of a crowd gathered at the Medicine Hat CPR Station (1906) and a reception held at a Methodist Church.

Veiner, Harry

Results 1 to 10 of 30