Coleção jas-2545 - Jasper Yellowhead Historical Society Fish Hatchery photograph collection

Zona do título e menção de responsabilidade

Título próprio

Jasper Yellowhead Historical Society Fish Hatchery photograph collection

Designação geral do material

Título paralelo

Outra informação do título

Título e menções de responsabilidade

Notas ao título

  • Fonte do título próprio: Title based on contents of the collection

Nível de descrição

Coleção

Código de referência

JAS jas-2545

Zona de edição

Menção de edição

Menção de responsabilidade da edição

Zona de detalhes específicos de materiais

Menção da escala (cartográfica)

Menção da projecção (cartográfica)

Menção das coordenadas (cartográfico)

Menção da escala (arquitectura)

Autoridade emissora e denominação (filatélica)

Zona de datas de criação

Data(s)

  • [1953] (Produção)
    Produtor
    Jasper Yellowhead Historical Society, collector

Zona de descrição física

Descrição física

7 photographs : b&w prints

Zona dos editores das publicações

Título próprio do recurso continuado

Títulos paralelos das publicações do editor

Outra informação do título das publicações do editor

Menção de responsabilidade relativa ao editor do recurso contínuo

Numeração das publicações do editor

Nota sobre as publicações do editor

Zona da descrição do arquivo

Nome do produtor

História biográfica

The Jasper Historical Society was formed in 1963 by a group of interested members that included Fred Brewster, Constance Peterson as the first historian and Mel Taylor as the first president. The Society was later named the Jasper Yellowhead Historical Society (JYHS). The Society was incorporated in 1977. Monthly meetings included guest speakers, films, field trips relating to local and national history. The objectives of the Society are to encourage the study of the history of Alberta in general and Jasper in particular; and to locate, preserve and mark the local points of historical interest. The first archives and Society office was established in the Municipal Library in 1974. Planning for a permanent Museum and Archives began in 1978; in 1985 a partially completed building on Pyramid Lake Road was purchased and renovated. The Archives moved into the lower floor in 1990; the Museum opened on the upper floor in 1992. The Jasper Yellowhead Museum and Archives reports to the Board of Directors of the Society.

História custodial

In the early 1960s the Jasper Yellowhead Historical Society began collecting photographs on various subjects pertaining to Jasper's history. These photographs relating to the Maligne Fish Hatchery gathered from various sources to form this collection.

Âmbito e conteúdo

The collection consists of photographs of the transfer of eastern brook trout to Wood Buffalo Park. The trout were raised in the Jasper fish hatchery. Also includes one view of William Cable collecting fish eggs at Medicine Lake.

Zona das notas

Condição física

Fonte imediata de aquisição

Organização

Idioma do material

  • English

Script do material

Localização de originais

Disponibilidade de outros formatos

Restrições de acesso

There are no restrictions on access

Termos que regulam o uso, reprodução e publicação

Instrumentos de descrição

Item level description available

Materiais associados

Materiais relacionados

Ingressos adicionais

Nota geral

About 1932 hatching troughs were set up in the basement of the park administration building. Eggs and fry were brought in from the Banff hatchery. The Jasper Park wardens service cared for these fish until they were ready for distribution. During the summer of 1939 a survey of the lakes in Jasper National Park was completed with the purpose of establishing a permanent fishery officer in the park. In July 1940 Mr. William C. Cable was transferred from Waterton Park to Jasper to establish a permanent fish hatchery. Work was carried on from the existing facilities in the administration building until a hatchery was built near the Maligne river in 1942. A residence for the hatchery superintendent, a utility building, ten circular pools and rectangular ponds were added later. The fish were released though out the mountain national parks. The fish hatchery closed in 1972.<br><br>Record No. ID181<br><br>

Identificador(es) alternativo(s)

Zona do número normalizado

Número normalizado

Pontos de acesso

Pontos de acesso - Assuntos

Pontos de acesso - Locais

Pontos de acesso - Nomes

Pontos de acesso de género

Zona do controlo

Descrição do identificador do registo

Identificador da instituição

Regras ou convenções

Nível de detalhe

Idioma da descrição

Script da descrição

Fontes

Zona da incorporação

Assuntos relacionados

Pessoas e organizações relacionadas

Locais relacionados

Géneros relacionados