Fonds 0081 - Kleskun Lake School District 2743 fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Kleskun Lake School District 2743 fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

CA GPR 0081

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1913-1916; 1927-1933 (Creation)
    Creator
    Kleskun Lake School District 2743

Physical description area

Physical description

1.5 cm of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1912-[ca.1950])

Administrative history

Kleskun Lake School was established ca. 1912 when the number of children in the district exceeded the capacity of the Kleskun Hill School. Robert Cochrane was the contractor. Teachers included Edna Agar, H. B. Kellett, A. V. Raison, Agnes Melsness, Martha Hennig, H.L. Bjork, Gordon Forbes, Martha Gudlaugson, Newton Grimmett, Beverly Macomber, Marjorie Sebastion, Beth Thorne, Henry Wiebe, and Venice Jones. Kleskun Lake School closed with the advent of consolidation in the late 40s or early 50s.

Custodial history

The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of 7 Daily Registers.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

The District School Board handed in their records to the County of Grande Prairie School Division No. 14. In 1991, the County deposited them on loan with the Provincial Archives, and in 2000 these records were transferred to the Grande Prairie Regional Archives by permanent donation.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

There are no restrictions.

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Accruals

Alpha-numeric designations

Accession number: 2000.39

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

0081

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Partial

Language of description

  • English

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres