Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District
Parallelle vormen van de naam
Gestandaardiseerde naamvorm(en) volgens andere regels.
Identificatiecode voor organisaties
The Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District was formed in 1919 under the Irrigation Districts Act. It consists of 93,100 hectares of land on the north side of the Oldman River, between Fort Macleod and Turin, Alberta. About 52,600 hectares are irrigable and sugar beets are the major crop, although livestock and other crops are also raised. Construction of the system was completed in 1923, but the diversion works were destroyed that year in an unprecedented flood and had to be rebuilt. Originally managed by elected trustees, the district was administered by a provincial government trustee from 1926 to 1968. L.C. Charlesworth was the official trustee, 1926-1939. Penrose M. Sauder, who had been the LNID project manager from 1925 to 1939, served as official trustee from 1939 to 1965. C.J. McAndrews was official trustee from 1966 until an elected board once again resumed management in 1968. For further information see Just Add Water : The History of the Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District / Deborah F. Gregorash. -- Lethbridge : Lethbridge Northern Irrigation District, 1996.
Functies, beroepen en activiteiten
Mandaat/bronnen van bevoegdheid
Interne structuren / genealogie
Access points area
Authority record identifier
Identificatiecode van de instelling