Title and statement of responsibility area
Lutheran School Association of Edmonton
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the contents of the records.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
1956 - 1972 (Creation)
- Lutheran School Association of Edmonton
Physical description area
13 cm of textual records. -- architectural drawings
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
The Lutheran School Association was organized in 1956 dedicated to the opening and operation of a Christian Day School. The board was taken from the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod congregations of Bethlehem, Grace, Redeemer and St. Peter's Lutheran Churches in Edmonton. The organization succeeded in finding a location and engaged and architect to draw up plans for an elementary and junior high school. The plan had been to support the school from funds collected from the congregations of the Alberta-British Columbia District. This support did not materialize to the levels required to move forward. By 1970 the executive established a committee to work in consultation with the ABC District Circuit Education representatives to study the objectives and aims of the organization and determine if it should broaden its base of operation and not confine its activities to operating a Christian Day School. The city advised that the property at 123 Avenue and 124 Street needed to be developed in accordance with the terms of the sale or returned to the city. By 1972 the participating congregations wished to dissolve the organization and the funds collected were transferred to the Alberta-British Columbia District Church Extension fund.
Name of creator
Scope and content
The fonds consists of minutes, financial records, reports and correspondence of the board, newsletters, brochures, membership lists and building plans.
Immediate source of acquisition
The records were deposited by the ABC District office in 1983 with an additional acquisition from Cross of Christ Lutheran Church, Edmonton in 1994.
Language of material
- The material is in English.
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no restrictions on access to the records. Copyright restrictions apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
File lists and inventory available.
No further accruals are expected.
Record No. 153<br><br>