Mount Zion Lutheran Church (Cranbrook, BC)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

Mount Zion Lutheran Church (Cranbrook, BC)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

In 1926 the Cranbrook area was canvassed by Pastor Janzow of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod from Creston. Actual work began in the Cranbrook area around 1932 when services were conducted every two months and by 1943 they increased to every month. In 1953 Cranbrook and Kimberley joined as a parish. Their first resident pastor was installed in 1961 when they officially organized, adopted a constitution and bought property for a church. The church was completed in 1963 along with the aquisition of a parsonage. In 1988 the congregation joined the newly formed Lutheran Church-Canada.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Lutheran Historical Institute

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places