Fonds menn-22 - Northwest Mennonite Conference fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Northwest Mennonite Conference fonds

General material designation

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

MENN menn-22

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1949-2003 (Creation)
    Creator
    Northwest Mennonite Conference

Physical description area

Physical description

4.32 m of textual records. -- 2 compact discs.

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Biographical history

The Alberta District Mennonite Conference was established on July 27, 1903. Initially there were only three congregations in the conference, all of which were founded in 1901: West Zion Mennonite Church in Carstairs, Mayton Church northeast of Didsbury, and Mount View Church northeast of High River. Amos Bauman, pastor of the Mayton church, was chosen as the interim bishop. The conference was affiliated with the Mennonite Church (known as the "old" Mennonite Church), which was largely composed of descendants of Swiss and South German Mennonites who had settled in western Pennsylvania and in Waterloo County, Ontario. The conference was renamed the Alberta-Saskatchewan Mennonite Conference in 1907; it became the Northwest Conference of the Mennonite Church in 1971; and the Northwest Mennonite Conference in 1993. By 1997 it consisted of 22 congregations, including a few in Alaska and Montana. In 2003, following the integration of the Mennonite Church and the General Conference Mennonite Church, the conference voted to discontinue its relationship with Mennonite Church Canada, thereby becoming an independent branch of the Mennonite faith.

Name of creator

Name of creator

Custodial history

Scope and content

The fonds consists of four series: A) Alphabet Files, B) Congregations, C) Conferences, and D) Northwest Mennonite Conference Centennial Anniversary

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Gift from Northwest Mennonite Conference through Ted Regehr and Harvey Burkholder.

Arrangement

Language of material

  • The material is in English.

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Access to personal information in financial or medical records is subject to relevant legislation and MHSA privacy policy

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Record No. 2003.031, 2004.033<br><br>

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Genre access points

Control area

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Level of detail

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area