Peace Ladies Curling Association

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Peace Ladies Curling Association

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1952-unknown

History

The organizational meeting of the Peace River District and B.C. Block Ladies' Curling Association, popularly known as the Peace Ladies Curling Association, was held on March 20, 1952, and attended by representatives from Beaverlodge, Clairmont, Dawson Creek, Grande Prairie, Peace River and Wembley. The purpose was to form a Ladies Auxiliary to the already existing Peace River District and British Columbia Block Curling Association, so that the ladies could hold playoffs and enter competitions, as the men were already doing. Zones in the Peace Ladies Curling Association originally numbered four: Zone 1- Peace River, Zone 2- McLennan, Zone 3- Grande Prairie, and Zone 4- Dawson Creek. Zone 5- Yellowknife and North West Territories, was added in 1955. The first executive of the association consisted of President Jessie Elliott, Vice-President Cora James and Secretary- treasurer Edna Robertson. The Board of Directors was made up of the executive plus the presidents of each local club. The club was a member of both the Alberta Ladies Curling Association and the Canadian Ladies Curling Association.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

SPRA-0035

Institution identifier

South Peace Regional Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places