St. Paul's Anglican Residential School

Zone d'identification

Type d'entité

Collectivité

Forme autorisée du nom

St. Paul's Anglican Residential School

forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom

Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions

Autre(s) forme(s) du nom

Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités

Zone de description

Dates d’existence

1881-1974

Historique

Rev. Samuel Trivett came to the Blood reserve near Cardston, Alberta in 1880 and established St. Paul's Anglican Residential School the following year. The school was initially located on an island in the Belly River, with Rev. and Mrs. H.T. Bourne assisting Rev. Trivett. The Commissioner of Indian Affairs in Regina and the Superintendent of Indian Affairs in Ottawa supervised the operations of the school. In 1909 Archdeacon Samuel H. Middleton became principal, a position he held until 1949. A new school facility was built in 1925. The school closed in 1974. For further information see "St. Paul's Boarding School : The Early Decades of Anglican Missionary Schooling on the Blood Reserve" / Shane Warren Porter. -- unpublished MEd thesis, University of Lethbridge, 1993.

Lieux

Statut légal

Fonctions et activités

Textes de référence

Organisation interne/Généalogie

Contexte général

Zone des relations

Zone des points d'accès

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Occupations

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de notice d'autorité

glen-2035

Identifiant du service d'archives

Glenbow Archives

Règles et/ou conventions utilisées

Statut

Finale

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Record updated by Glenbow Archives, August 19, 2015.

Langue(s)

  • anglais

Écriture(s)

Sources

Notes de maintenance

  • Presse-papier

  • Exporter

  • EAC

Sujets associés

Lieux associés