St. Peter's Lutheran Parochial School (Edmonton, Alberta)

Identity area

Type of entity

Authorized form of name

St. Peter's Lutheran Parochial School (Edmonton, Alberta)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

St. Peter's Lutheran Day School was established in 1908 with Rev. Schuetz as the teacher. In 1911 Mr. Dobring was called as the regular teacher and stayed until 1913 when he accepted a call to St. Matthew's Lutheran School in Stony Plain. The school closed due to the war until 1924 at which time Mr Lieske was called as the full time teacher. The school consisting of 35 pupils was again closed when Mr Lieske moved to the Lutheran School in Winnipeg. In 1932 Rev. A.J. Mueller, the pastor of St. Peter's Church, assumed the teaching position followed by Fred Ulmer in 1934, Philip Fry in 1937 and teacher Alvin Wied in 1939. Mr. Wied taught until 1943 when he returned to the United States rather than be conscripted into the Canadian Army. The school taught the required Alberta curriculum as well as Lutheran Catechism and Bible History. The school was again threatened with closure during the war as teachers were extremely hard to come by. Rev. Mueller again took over teaching the school but could not handle the duties required to maintain both the church and the school. The school was then finally closed for good.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Lutheran Historical Institute

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places