Fonds luth-2048 - St. Peter's Lutheran Parochial School fonds

Zone du titre et de la mention de responsabilité

Titre propre

St. Peter's Lutheran Parochial School fonds

Dénomination générale des documents

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

  • Source du titre propre: Title based on the contents of the fonds.

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

PAA luth-2048

Zone de l'édition

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Zone des précisions relatives à la catégorie de documents

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Zone des dates de production

Date(s)

  • 1935 - 1943 (Production)
    Producteur
    St. Peter's Lutheran Parochial School (Edmonton, Alberta)

Zone de description matérielle

Description matérielle

2 cm of textual records

Zone de la collection

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Zone de la description archivistique

Nom du producteur

Notice biographique

St. Peter's Lutheran Day School was established in 1908 with Rev. Schuetz as the teacher. In 1911 Mr. Dobring was called as the regular teacher and stayed until 1913 when he accepted a call to St. Matthew's Lutheran School in Stony Plain. The school closed due to the war until 1924 at which time Mr Lieske was called as the full time teacher. The school consisting of 35 pupils was again closed when Mr Lieske moved to the Lutheran School in Winnipeg. In 1932 Rev. A.J. Mueller, the pastor of St. Peter's Church, assumed the teaching position followed by Fred Ulmer in 1934, Philip Fry in 1937 and teacher Alvin Wied in 1939. Mr. Wied taught until 1943 when he returned to the United States rather than be conscripted into the Canadian Army. The school taught the required Alberta curriculum as well as Lutheran Catechism and Bible History. The school was again threatened with closure during the war as teachers were extremely hard to come by. Rev. Mueller again took over teaching the school but could not handle the duties required to maintain both the church and the school. The school was then finally closed for good.

Historique de la conservation

Records were deposited with the Lutheran Historical Institute by the congregation, Dr. Threinen a former pastor of St. Peter's and Eduard Schultz the congregational archivist. The records were deposited between 1979 and 1999.

Portée et contenu

This fonds consists of correspondence concerning the hiring of teachers (1935-1943) and the Daily register (1941, 1942).

Zone des notes

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

  • Material is in English and German.

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

There are no restrictions on access. Copyright restrictions apply.

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

File list available

Éléments associés

Lutheran Church-Canada, Alberta-British Columbia District fonds (3000);St. Peter's Lutheran Church fonds (Edmonton, Alberta)(37)

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Further accruals are expected

Note générale

Record No. 38<br><br>

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Zone du numéro normalisé

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Genre

Zone du contrôle

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Niveau de détail

Langue de la description

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées