Town of Athabasca

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Town of Athabasca

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

History

The Town of Athabasca lies on the south bank of the Athabasca River at a point 12 miles north of the geographical centre of Alberta. It is located on Highway No. 2, 133 km north of Edmonton in section 20-66-W4 and Census Division No.13. It is a hilly town, heavily wooded and interspersed with ravines. There has been a presence on this site since 1877. The hamlet of Athabasca Landing was incorporated as a village on June 5, 1905; incorporation as a town occurred on September 19, 1911. The word Landing was officially deleted on August 5, 1913.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

ath

Maintained by

Institution identifier

Athabasca Archives

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC