Title and statement of responsibility area
Yukon Waterway Sites fonds
General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on subject of fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Class of material specific details area
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
Dates of creation area
- Yukon Waterway Sites
Physical description area
1609 photographs : b&w prints;.01 m of textual records
Publisher's series area
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Archival description area
Name of creator
No information available. Function: The Yukon Waterways Site study was sponsored by Parks Canada which was studying the Yukon as a heritage site. The riverboats, Dawson City and the Chilkoot Trail were also being assessed. The Yukon Waterways Sites study involved a crew of three men, J. R. Lisoway, J. D. Lisoway and A. Siepman, who photographed sites, cabins and ruins along a portion of the Yukon River. They arrived in Whitehorse on June 8, 1972, arranged for a boat and supplies, and began the study. The crew recorded sites along the Yukon River until September 1, 1972. Drafting was conducted by J. R. Lisoway, J. D. Lisoway, V. Dowie and P. A. Fielding from January to May 1973. They produced as-built structural plans and copies are at Canaadian Heritage - Parks Canada and Yukon Territorial Government Historic Sites.
Scope and content
The fonds consists of 1609 black and white photographs (and some photocopies) from the Yukon Waterways Site study of building ruins and outlines along a portion of the Yukon River. The photographs are arranged according to site and include the following: Upper Laberge, Upper Laberge Indian Village, Lower Laberge, 17 Mile Wood Camp, Hootalinqua, Hootalinqua Shipyard Island, Boyer's Camp, Big Eddy, Big Salmon, cabin (mile 131.5), dredge (mile 135.5), Erickson's Wood Camp, Twin Creek cabin, Little Salmon, Lakeview, Carmacks, Five Finger Coal Mine, Kellyville, Five Finger Rapids, Rink Rapids, Yukon Crossing, Merrice Creek, Minto, Fort Selkirk, Britannia Creek, Ballarat Creek, Coffee Creek, Wood Camp (mile 359), Kirkman Creek, Carlisle Creek, Thistle Creek, Stewart Island, Ogilvie Island, Moosehide and Forty Mile. The textual records consist of a three page introduction to the study which provides a basic timeline of how the recording was conducted, and lists the names of individuals and/or consultants involved with the project.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
There are no donor-imposed restrictions on this material. General copyright or institutional or legal restrictions may apply.
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Caption list is available.
Historic Central Records, Canadian Heritage - Parks Canada, Whitehorse, Yukon; Historic Sites, Yukon Territorial Government.